The Australian Greens, as members of the Australian Political Exchange Council (APEC), has the opportunity to send young political leaders on various overseas exchanges in 2017.
The Australia Greens encourage all eligible applicants to apply for the following APEC political exchange opportunities in 2017:
• Participation in a delegation to the United States from 15 - 27 July 2017.
• An individual study tour to the United Kingdom, the United States of America, or New Zealand for up to 30 nights. This visit must be completed prior to 31 December 2017.
Applicants must be politically active individuals who have the potential to make a significant contribution to the development & success of the Australian Greens and to political life in a senior leadership position.
Applications are encouraged from all Australian Greens party members, state and federal party employees state and federal parliamentary employees and local, state and federal elected representatives who are aged between 25 and 46 years (other than the USA delegation, where the maximum age is 40).
To apply, please submit your CV and a brief letter indicating which APEC exchange you’re applying for and addressing the following selection criteria:
• A demonstrated commitment to the Australian Greens.
• An understanding of how this experience might develop your personal and professional skills as a young political leader.
• A working knowledge of Australian Greens policies, as well as current domestic and international affairs.
Applicants for the study tour should provide an outline of their proposed trip, including the country they would visit, the focus/es of their trip, potential meetings and activities they would undertake, and how the study tour would contribute to the Australian Greens.
Successful applicants are required to submit a written report to the Australian Greens Party Room within 1 month of the completion of their exchange.
Delegates have a role as representatives of Australia, the Australian Political Exchange Council, as well as the Australian Greens and are expected to conduct themselves professionally.
Trips are funded by the APEC, including flights, accommodation and a small travelling allowance.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 31 March 2017.
Applications are to be submitted as a single PDF document to Tom Bennett, Office of Senator Richard Di Natale, via email@example.com.
For further information, please contact Tom Bennett on (03) 9654 0430.