The Greens SA are looking to hire an experienced and knowledgeable finance officer to work in the State Office on an ongoing casual basis. This essential role makes sure the finances of the party and the office are ticking over. Working closely with the Party Director and the State Treasurer, the position plays a crucial role in making sure we are meeting our reporting obligations under both state and federal legislation.
The position will be 12.5 hours per week, at a casual rate of $32.98 per hour. The hours may increase to 15 hours per week at a later date.
The position is based in the Greens SA State Office (239 Wright Street, Adelaide) and reports to the Party Director.
- Start to end bookkeeping
- Fortnightly payroll
- Financial data management
- Preparing reports for the Australian Electoral Commission and the Electoral Commission of SA
- Assisting the Party complies with tax and legal obligations, including BAS and SafeWork SA
- Liaising and assisting members and bodies within the party on financial reports, including the State Treasurer and Branch Office Bearers
- Processing payments
- Good knowledge of and experience in finance and administration
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to design and implement efficient processes
Applications close 5pm, Friday 31st March 2017.
To apply please email a resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria above to email@example.com with the subject line "Finance Officer Application". Please submit the cover letter and CV In the same file, saved as a PDF, and the name of the file as the applicant’s name and the role.
We will read every application and should you be successful in your application, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Please be honest and thoughtful in your answers, and detail why you would be particularly well suited to the role, clearly addressing every one of the selection criteria with examples and successes from your experience.
For all enquiries please contact Dominic on 08 8212 4888.
The Greens are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strongly encourage any interested and qualified parties to apply – we don’t discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.