Transit City is the Greens’ vision for the future of Perth in which the community is provided with a multi-modal, interconnected network of high frequency public transport.
The plan includes:
- 71km of new rail that links exiting rail lines
- 65km of light rail
- 283km of Bus Priority Transit priority lanes and signalling to link strategic centres
- A 811km network of high frequency buses running along greatly simplified routes
- Dramatically increase the frequency of all services to make public transport more convenient
- Fill the gaps in the network to provide a better service no matter where you live
To achieve this we would prioritize spending on public transport to create a game changing upgrade of the public transport network over 10-15 years. We would also encourage private sector through value capture and private public partnerships.
We can’t keep doing what we’ve always done and expect a different outcome. As Perth heads towards having seven of the most congested roads in Australia by 2031, we need a dramatic change of course. Towards a Transit City.