Caroline Le Couteur MLA, ACT Greens Member of the Legislative Assembly, is seeking capable and motivated applicants for the ongoing position of Office Manager in her Assembly based office.
Particular duties include providing high level administrative support to the Member and office staff; a first point of contact for the office; diary scheduling; constituent liaison; managing correspondence; and coordinating event and travel arrangements. The position may include the opportunity to perform policy advice work.
The successful candidate will have strong office administration skills and be a good communicator, with an understanding of parliamentary processes and the ACT political system. Your ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders and work with limited supervision in a dynamic team environment will be critical to your success in this role.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Member and office staff
- Provide first point of contact for office, including for telephone enquiries and to meet and greet visitors
- Assist in running of the office including answering the office phone and managing emails and correspondence as required
- Manage, co-ordinate and negotiate the Member’s diary scheduling
- Co-ordinate and manage a range of office processes with limited supervision
- Liaise with constituents, Legislative Assembly staff, MLA and Ministers’ offices and other stakeholders as required
- Coordinate Member’s event and travel arrangements and co-ordinate travel arrangements for other staff as required
- Assist with policy advice
- Apply a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies
- Other duties as directed.
- Strong office administration skills;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure; and
- Experience or understanding of parliamentary systems and/or the ACT political system would be an advantage.
Applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
This is a full-time position, but part-time applicants will be considered and work load adjusted accordingly. Due to the electoral cycle, the position contract will finish in October 2020.
Legislative Assembly Members Staffing Level: Adviser Level 1 Lower – 2nd tier.
Remuneration: $68,204 plus superannuation and 9.5% loadings in lieu of overtime and Long Service Leave.