ACT Greens Field Organiser
Classification: $59,360 full-time plus 9.5% superannuation
Primary location: ACT Greens Office (2/97 Northbourne Avenue, Turner)
Job status: 12 month maximum-term full-time contract position (37.6 hours per week). Consistent evening and weekend work required. Part time applications will be considered for the right candidate.
Supported by: Campaign Manager, Party Director, Lead Organiser
About the role
The Field Organiser will be the primary project manager of the ACT Greens grassroots
Working closely with the Campaign Manager and Lead Organiser, the Field Organiser will
work on the design, support and implementation of the way we will communicate our vision
for federal parliament to people in the ACT. This will include managing many aspects of our
door knocking, phone banking and letterboxing strategy, volunteer recruitment and support,
the coordination of a range of data systems, and the production and distribution of social
As part of the Greens’ commitment to staff and volunteers wellbeing, the Field Organiser is
responsible for leading a positive culture for our campaigns, and being sensitive to the
physical and mental wellbeing of staff and volunteers involved.
● Leading the election field strategy, including door knocking, phone banking, stalls and
● Training, coordinating and recruiting volunteers
● Empowering volunteers to attend and run field campaign events
● Managing databases for volunteer recruitment and voter contact
● Reporting on progress towards field targets
● Working with Neighbourhood Teams to ensure the party is well connected with and
visible to the ACT community
● Building the campaigning capacity of the Neighbourhood Teams by ensuring they
have the training, support and resources needed to undertake campaigning in a safe,
timely, high quality, and effective manner
● Planning a social media strategy and coordinating and producing content, primarily
● Collaborating with staff, candidates, the Campaign Team and different volunteers to
ensure the field strategy is delivered
● Contacting new and existing volunteers for a range or purposes
● Working with the Campaign Manager and Field Organiser on tasks arising.
● Experience in campaigning, particularly working on election campaigns
● Experience in managing people, and working within a diverse team to deliver a range
of specific objectives
● Experience delivering trainings, briefing and facilitating group meeting (online and in
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate
● Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and experience in producing
communications for a variety of audiences
● Ability to stay calm under pressure, be sensitive to others needs in a high pressured
environment, and maintain good self care
● Strong political acumen and a commitment to Greens principles.
Desirable skills and experience
● Knowledge and experience with best-practice voter contact technique
● Experience in training people for campaigning
● Experience in online campaigning and social media management
● Ability to work well with a diverse group of volunteers
● Experience managing and improving data systems.
Applications should be submitted via Ethical Jobs.
Any enquiries about the position should go to Clancy Barnard, ACT Campaign Manager, via email@example.com or 0438 869 332.