DID YOU KNOW?
Few people realise the Greens party invented the feed-in-tariff for solar power, in Germany more than 20 years ago.
SOLAR IN VICTORIA
- Victoria is falling behind the other states: 10% of homes have solar, compared to 23% in Queensland and 25% in South Australia
- In 2016 the PFIT and SFIT schemes will close, leaving 57% of current solar homes without a fair feed-in-tariff
- Solar in Victoria generates 666 MWh (from 554 MW installed capacity)
- The Greens won $13.2 billion for clean energy in the federal parliament, after the 2010 election put them in balance of power. For example, the $10 billion Clean Energy Finance Corporation is successfully profiting from clean energy investments around Australia, cutting emissions by 3.9 million tonnes of CO2e per annum and creating jobs.
- 1 in 10 Victorian households have chosen to control their energy bills through solar, but the power companies are preventing them from saving as much as they should.
- The Greens are the only party committed to a fair go for solar households.
SPREADING THE BENEFITS OF CHEAP, SOLAR ELECTRICITY
The Greens package of policies will help hundreds of thousands of Victorians go solar and ensure that households and businesses who have solar panels get a fair price for the energy they export to the grid. Solar saves money as well as help the environment. Victorians can save at least 40-60% of their energy bills easily, by using a well designed solar system. By taking pressure off the power grid, people with solar panels help keep everyone’s power bill down.
The Liberal-National government and the Labor opposition are on the side of the energy companies, against solar citizens. The Victorian Government is letting energy companies get away with using discriminatory measures to prevent people connecting solar to the grid. The Victorian Government has backed the energy companies instead of ordinary Victorians. 21% of solar homes currently have no guaranteed level of payments.