The Australian Greens International Development Committee (IDC) is currently seeking applications from individuals with knowledge and expertise of countries in Asia, the Pacific, and/or Middle East regions in which we are supporting emerging Green parties, to take up a voluntary “expert” role with the IDC.
The Federal Government provides funds to the Australian Greens under the Australian Political Parties for Democracy Program (APPDP). These funds are managed for the Australian Greens by its International Development Committee (IDC).
Members of the IDC are required to attend one teleconference each month of roughly one hour at 7 pm AEST, engage regularly on email regarding IDC matters, sit on at least one project team relating to a specific party or issue, and attend an annual strategic planning meeting.
Applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- A commitment to the core values of The Greens and being a current member of the Australian Greens.
- Extensive experience in International relations or overseas development assistance.
- A thorough understanding of donor priorities and frameworks particularly in a developing country context.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in negotiating funding contracts with government and other funders.
- Practical experience in developing and keeping appropriate records of program proposals, operational plans, and activity reports.
- Experience in implementing and/or monitoring and evaluating of international programs.
- Knowledge and skills in the financial management of program funding including budgeting and financial acquittals.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-cultural liaison.
- Strong support and mentoring skills in a cross-cultural context.
- A commitment to clear, concise and timely communication.
The closing date for applications is 11.59 PM AEST on Sunday, July 10, 2022. Applications should be emailed to the Australian Greens International Development Coordinator, Michelle Sheather at email@example.com. Candidates originally from APGF countries are encouraged to apply. We are particularly in need of experts from the Middle East region.