Office of Samantha Dunn MP
3-5 days per week
Samantha Dunn MP represents the Eastern Metropolitan Region in Victoria’s upper house, and is the Victorian Greens spokesperson for forests, North East link, Doncaster rail, local government, tourism and water.
You’ll play a key role in developing and implementing a digital communications and traditional media strategy, including graphic design, website development, social media management and liaising with local media agencies.
You’ll be joining a small and highly committed team based at Samantha Dunn MP’s electorate office in Doncaster.
The terms and conditions of an Electorate Officer apply to this role. Electorate Officers are employed by the Victorian Parliament, directly accountable to the Member in whose electorate they are employed. These positions require a high degree of loyalty, versatility and the ability to maintain confidentiality on behalf of the Member and those who contact the office.
- Develop and implement a digital and traditional media strategy that supports the work of Samantha Dunn MP, her portfolios and state wide and local campaigns.
- Manage multiple social media accounts, including the development and publication of tiles, video content and other bespoke content.
- Work closely with campaigns and parliamentary staff on coordinated approaches to issues and campaigns.
- Design and develop campaign graphics and materials such as flyers, banners and stickers.
- Manage local and regional media enquiries and assist with the development of media releases, blogs, and other materials.
- Development and maintenance of Samantha’s website and various campaign microsites.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as work as an effective part of a team.
- Outstanding capacity to comprehend complex issues, think strategically and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidence on all issues associated with duties.
- Professional, reliable, efficient, flexible and with strong attention to detail.
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated online communications and campaigns skills including content creation and administration.
- Excellent graphic design skills and experience using InDesign.
- At least two years of experience in developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Experience in working with national, state and/or local media.
- Understanding of website development, ideally with experience in Drupal and/or WordPress
- Outstanding strategic thinking and sound political judgement.
- Commitment to the Greens values and policies.
- Database management and system design, ideally in Nation Builder.
Applications: There is no specific closing date for this role, however please send through your application as soon as possible. We aim to recruit for this role by the end of March.
Please send your applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria to Loretta.firstname.lastname@example.org