The SA Greens are seeking a Communications focused campaigner to develop and implement a vibrant and engaging campaign in the lead up to the 2018 State Election. The position will work closely with candidates to support their social media presence and produce persuasive content, including videos.
Position title: Election Communications Officer
Primary location: Greens SA Office, 239 Wright Street, Adelaide
Job status: The position will commence at 0.8 FTE and increase to 1 FTE in January 18. This is a non-ongoing position and shall cease on 23 March 2018.
Pay: $1071.20 per week pro rata
Hours: To be negotiated. The position will involve some after hours and weekend work. TOIL is available by negotiation.
Position Begins: 4 September 2017 and ends on 23 March 2018.
Reports to: Party Director
Probation: A two-month probationary period applies
- Provide training, guidance and support for local candidates and their campaign volunteers to improve their social media engagement and digital communications
- Produce and design materials for both online and offline
- Monitor, activate and build the SA Greens’ presence on social media including Facebook and Twitter, and work with the Party Director to generate proactive and reactive social media on campaign issues.
- Develop and maintain SA Greens’ website including local candidate profiles and writing engaging website copy.
- Assisting with campaign email communications including volunteer recruitment and donation asks.
- Develop online videos and undertake graphic design work
- Checking of materials for compliance and consistency
- All other duties as directed
- Experience in digital and social media campaigning, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, web, blogs and other online spaces.
- Experience writing savvy, engaging email and online content
- High level organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong skills in written communications, graphic design and video production
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies including an understanding of internal structures and processes
- Experience providing training to volunteers is desirable
Applications should include a personal resume, covering letter responding to the Selection Criteria and be submitted to the Party Director, Dominic Mugavin (email: email@example.com) by 5pm on Friday 25 August. Short listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Please contact Dominic with any questions about the application process.
We will read every application and should you be successful in your application, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Please be honest and thoughtful in your answers, and detail why you would be particularly well suited to the role, clearly addressing every one of the selection criteria with examples and successes from your experience.
The Greens are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strongly encourage any interested and qualified parties to apply – we don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.