|JOB TITLE:||Community and Campaigns Adviser|
|ORGANISATION:||The Office of Adam Bandt MP, Leader of the Australian Greens and Member for Melbourne|
|SALARY:||$86,866 – 94,047 (depending on prior experience)|
|REPORTS TO:||Operations Adviser|
The Community / Campaigns adviser provides advice and leads policy development on local and Melbourne electorate matters & issues, engages & empowers communities of interest, manages local grants programs and coordinates the Member’s presence in the local community. The Community/Campaigns adviser also has primary responsibility for volunteer management, including campaign development, recruitment and on boarding of volunteers and local event planning and coordination.
The position will be based in Melbourne and there may be some occasional travel required and after hours work required
PAY and CONDITIONS
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984, and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Collective Agreement 2012–2015. In addition to your salary, generous employer-sponsored superannuation of 15.4% is offered.
The position is offered at an Electorate Officer B classification ($66,745 - $77,926 per annum) with an additional Electorate Staff Allowance (ESA) of $16,121 per annum.
All employees are expected to sign a confidentiality and code of conduct agreement prior to the commencement of their employment. A probationary period of 3 months, with the option of extending by a maximum of two months, and Police Check will apply.
This is an ongoing position, but please note that all Leader's Office positions are open to restructure following an election or change of leadership.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advice and support to the Member on local and electorate matters, including developing policy, messaging and engaging in stakeholder management as required.
- Management & coordination of all relevant Commonwealth community grant programs.
- Accompanying or representing the Member at local community events or after-hours party events.
- Relationship building & maintenance with local communities, community groups and local organisations.
- Management and coordination of volunteers to empower local communities & to build and power campaigns that facilitate create durable, meaningful change in Melbourne.
- Stakeholder management and relationship building with community leaders and community groups
- Content development for local media, communications and local policy matters.
- Support work of other members of the Operations and Constituent team.
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Adviser and the Chief of Staff.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
- A strong understanding of the role of a local MP in their communities.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Australian Greens' policies and an understanding of Australian politics.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to comprehend complex issues, think strategically and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Commitment to the Australian Greens' Principles and Charter.
- Experience in community organisation or MPs office
- Experience in legal, paralegal or social work
- Drivers licence
Please email your application, inclusive of your response to the selection criteria, using the subject line: APPLICATION – Community and Campaigns Adviser to email@example.com . We prefer applications to be submitted as a single PDF file, using your name as the file reference. Applications close 01 April 2020
If you wish to have a confidential discussion about the role before applying, you can contact Emma Garbutt on 0437 771 493
The Office of Adam Bandt MP recognises the value of, and strongly supports the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We aim to recruit a diverse range of people with a diverse range of talents to help us achieve our shared goals.