Potential candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be assessed as they arrive. There is currently no closing date.
We seek an experienced and committed progressive activist who can be the liaison between staff, members, office bearers, MPs and the public. The successful applicant will supervise a range of staff, from finance, compliance, communications, regional organisers, IT support, campaigners and operations. Our State Manager will work with several committees, including the Committee of Management and Standing Campaign Committee, as well as oversee secretariat support for the bi- monthly State Delegates Council.
The Greens NSW is comprised of 60 local groups, and has 58 councillors, eight state MPs and a federal Senator. It is one of the member-groups of the Australian Greens and is linked to the Global Greens movement. Members of The Greens NSW play a significant role in the activities of the party, through volunteering or campaigning, and are supported in their projects by the State Office and State Manager.
This is a role where multi-tasking and attention to detail is key, where the State Manager may be dealing from one minute to the next with media enquiries, AEC audit requests, local group treasurers, requests from the Australian Greens for documentation, ordering campaign materials or negotiating leases. This isn’t an average job: it will require some weekend and evening work, and needs a self- motivated and flexible person.
The anticipated starting date is early 2018.
- Passion for and commitment to Greens values as outlined in the Australian Greens charter
- High level leadership and strategic, financial and project management skills in a membership- based organisation, including working with a Board
- Understanding of and experience in managing compliance systems and reporting
- High level communications and campaign experience
- Ability to manage resources including finances, budgetary processes, and volunteers in order to achieve short term and long-term organisational goals
- Ability to foster and maintain a cohesive and productive office environment consisting of diverse people
- Skills in internal and external stakeholder management and engagement, including consultation, advocacy and negotiation
- Understanding of change management, process improvement and implementation, and risk evaluation and management
- Ability to manage competing demands within a limited timeframe, and to solve problems and manage risks in a politically sensitive environment
- Understanding of Local, State and Federal political systems
- Understanding of Greens policies and decision-making processes
- Experience in partnership building and fundraising
- Political insight
- Flair for innovation and systems-thinking
- A tertiary or postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline
APPLICATION PROCESS DETAILS
Applications should be sent to Kate da Costa, Secretary of The Greens NSW at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Application for State Manager GNSW”.
Please consider the job description and selection criteria & application details, and contact the current Acting State Manager Lesa de Leau (email@example.com) or Secretary or phone the office on 02 9045 6999 for any enquiries about the role. More details about The Greens NSW can be found on our website.
Our preference is for applications to be submitted as a single pdf. Applications will be assessed as they arrive.
The successful applicant will need to provide a National Police Check.