The Greens SA are seeking an energetic and motivating Election Volunteer Coordinator to lead the party's volunteer recruitment strategy in the run up to the March 2018 State Election. The position will coordinate and manage election volunteer recruitment and field campaigning efforts, with a view to maximising electoral support for the party on Election Day.
Position title: Election Volunteer Coordinator
Primary location: Greens SA Office, 239 Wright Street, Adelaide
Job status: This contract position will begin as 0.6 FTE, but be increased to full time from 8 January 2018 until the end of the contract.
Pay: $60,000 pro-rata.
Hours: To be negotiated. The position will involve some after hours and weekend work. TOIL is available by negotiation.
Position Begins: 7 August 2017 and ends on 29 March 2018.
Reports to: Party Director
Probation: A two-month probationary period applies
- Development and implementation of volunteer recruitment strategy
- Build capacity of party members and supporters in the lead up to Election Day
- Support volunteer wellbeing and foster a positive and inclusive campaign environment, including a campaign hub, for members and volunteers
- Build and manage teams of field organisers to assist with volunteer management and the role out of the State Election Campaign Plan
- Develop and implement field campaigning strategies including doorknocking and phone banking
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Greens SA staff, election candidates, members, volunteers and the Election Campaign Committee
- Orientation and induction of new volunteers
- Other duties as directed
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies
- Experience in a campaigning role
- Demonstrated skills coordinating large-scale projects including working with multiple stakeholders
- High level organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills and capacity to work with a diverse range of people
- Experience in managing/motivating volunteers, including the ability to build and supervise teams, bringing out the best in each individual team member
- Good knowledge of and experience with campaigning techniques: from campaigning infrastructure systems, to field organising
- Familiarity will volunteer database systems
Applications should include a personal resume, covering letter and response to the Selection Criteria and be submitted to the Party Director, Dominic Mugavin (email: email@example.com) by 5pm on Friday 28 July. Short listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Please contact Dominic with any questions about the application process.
We will read every application and should you be successful in your application, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Please be honest and thoughtful in your answers, and detail why you would be particularly well suited to the role, clearly addressing every one of the selection criteria with examples and successes from your experience.
The Greens are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strongly encourage any interested and qualified parties to apply – we don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.