The SA Greens are seeking an energetic and motivational Election Materials and Polling Booth Coordinator to ensure a strong Green presence on polling booths at the March 2018 State Election and maximise our electoral support.
Position title: Election Materials and Polling Booth Coordinator
Primary location: Greens SA Office, 239 Wright Street, Adelaide
Job status: The position will commence at 0.5 FTE and increase to 1 FTE in January 18. This is a non-ongoing position and shall cease on 30 March 2018.
Pay: $1071.20 per week pro rata.
Hours: To be negotiated. The position will involve some after hours and weekend work. TOIL is available by negotiation.
Position Begins: 4 September 2017 and ends on 30 March 2018.
Reports to: Party Director
Probation: A two-month probationary period applies
- Coordinate the production and distribution of physical materials for the election campaign and Election Day, including How To Vote Cards, Corflutes, Flyers
- Build capacity of party members and supporters in the lead up to Election Day
- Coordinate the presence of volunteers for Polling Booths on Election Day and at pre-polling locations. This includes
- Working with members to contact other members and supporters to ensure maximise coverage
- Organising volunteer training for election day
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Greens SA staff, election candidates, members, volunteers and the Election Campaign Committee
- Other duties as directed
- Demonstrated project management skills coordinating including working with multiple stakeholders
- High level organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills and capacity to work with a diverse range of people
- Experience in motivating volunteers
- Experience coordinating the production of materials
- Familiarity with volunteer database management systems
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies
Applications should include a personal resume, covering letter responding to the Selection Criteria and be submitted to the Party Director, Dominic Mugavin (email: email@example.com) by 5pm on Friday 25 August. Short listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Please contact Dominic with any questions about the application process.
We will read every application and should you be successful in your application, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Please be honest and thoughtful in your answers, and detail why you would be particularly well suited to the role, clearly addressing every one of the selection criteria with examples and successes from your experience.
The Greens are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strongly encourage any interested and qualified parties to apply – we don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.