Applications are invited for a Secretary/Research Assistant (Policy and Legislation Adviser) in the Office of Dawn Walker, Greens NSW Upper House MP.
- Temporary, part time (up to 4 days per week) for up to 3 months, with the view to ongoing employment.
- Maximum total remuneration package $80,004 pro rata pa including salary ($57,150 – $65,510 pro rata pa), an all incidence allowance ($6,662 pro rata pa), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Based in Parliament of NSW, Sydney CBD.
Located at the Parliament of NSW, the Office of Dawn Walker focuses on the policy areas of Forests, Post-Secondary Education (TAFE), Health, Koala Protection, Aboriginal Affairs, North Coast, Disability and Tourism.
The successful applicant will work as part of a small team developing a strong community, media and parliamentary presence on each of these policy areas.
Broad skill areas required include administrative/organisational, policy, research and analysis, community engagement, communication, media and legislation.
Part-time and job share applications considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and develop stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including time management, ability to work unsupervised and attention to detail.
- Proven analytical skills and sound experience in undertaking detailed research and presenting concise and sound information and briefings.
- Sound office administration skills and experience in using technology, including the internet, social media and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to the core principles of the Greens.
- Experience in, or demonstrated detailed understanding of one or more of the following policy areas with relevance to NSW: Forestry, Health, Post-Secondary Education (TAFE) and Aboriginal Affairs.
- Understanding of parliamentary functions, including the passage of legislation and workings of Government.
How to apply for this job
To apply for this position please attach to your application including:
- Your up-to-date resume which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this position.
- Names and contact details of at least two professional referees.
- A covering letter detailing your specific demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills with regards to each of the following key criteria.
Applications close 3rd July 2017.
Job Reference: 00005D2E.
Position Contact: Graeme Williams - 0402 438 833.
Your resume and response to the key criteria will be the initial method used to assess your suitability for this position compared to other applicants.
Electronic attachments must be MS Word compatible or in pdf format.
Technical assistance: Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact ‘I work for NSW’ helpdesk 1800 562 679 (Monday - Friday).
Applications must be lodged online through http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/