|JOB TITLE:||Senior Engagement Manager|
|ORGANISATION:||Office of the Leader of the Australian Greens & Member for Melbourne, Adam Bandt|
|SALARY:||$95,796 - $135,054 (depending on prior experience)|
|ALLOWANCES:||$29,862.00 (Parliamentary Staff Allowance)|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Communications, Campaigns and Engagement|
Australian Greens Leader Adam Bandt is seeking a driven campaigning professional to join his Communications & Engagement Team, as a key senior position within a small team that works in a high-paced, dynamic work environment.
As one of two senior managers reporting to the Director of Campaigns, Communications and Engagement, you will be responsible for leading a small Engagement Unit within the Leader’s Office, with a focus on working across the federal Greens Party Room to plan and execute campaigns that change the political conversation and mobilise affected communities as well as finding ways to connect the work of Greens MPs with community led social and environmental campaigns. You will be responsible for our email and for online and offline supporter engagement programs.
This position is both a management and a campaign execution position, that is responsible for overseeing the work of others, but also individually responsible for producing and delivering campaign plans, coordinating campaign activities across various MPs and producing web, email and digital content on a daily basis to meet the campaign objectives of the Australian Greens Party Room.
The position will be based in Melbourne and require frequent travel to Canberra and interstate.
PAY and CONDITIONS
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984, and employment conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Collective Agreement 2016 - 2019. In addition to your salary, generous employer-sponsored superannuation of 15.4% is offered.
The position is offered at an Adviser classification ($95,796 - $135,054 per annum) with an additional Parliamentary Staff Allowance of $29,862 per annum for a total per annum salary range of $125,658 - $164,916.
All employees are expected to sign a confidentiality and code of conduct agreement prior to the commencement of their employment. A probationary period of 3 months, with the option of extending by a maximum of two months, will apply.
This is an ongoing position, but please note that all Leader's Office positions are open to restructure following an election or change of leadership.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the work of the engagement staff team on a day to day basis
- Develop and project manage the delivery of key campaigns (such as our Climate Emergency Campaign) to ensure the successful roll out of online and offline campaign tactics for the Greens MPs, including all the email programs, digital marketing strategies and community events that are required to support these campaigns
- Develop programs and projects that will increase and deepen supporter engagement with Greens campaigns in-line with the political strategy and goals of the Greens MPs.
- Work with the Systems Officer to ensure digital infrastructure and systems support the Greens’ national engagement and communications strategies.
- Advise MPs and their electorate offices on the effectiveness of their campaign activities and work with the Systems Officer to generate regular reports against key metrics
- Oversee the development of copy for engagement-orientated emails, website, digital channels and online marketing [working closely with Senior Communications Manager on messaging] and review content produced by the Engagement team before it is disseminated online
- Ensure the team is providing appropriate campaigns and engagement communications advice and training in campaign skills to staff in MPs Electorate Offices
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing large-scale community mobilisation or supporter engagement programs that incorporate both online and offline strategies
- Tech savvy with an understanding of how to combine digital and field organising strategies to achieve campaign goals
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to support a high-performance team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Australian Greens' policies.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to comprehend complex issues, think strategically and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Commitment to the Australian Greens' Principles and Charter.
- Experience in working in a federated organisation.
- Experience in database management, data analysis and digital marketing
Please email your application, inclusive of your response to the selection criteria, using the subject line: APPLICATION - Senior Engagement Manager to email@example.com . We prefer applications to be submitted as a single PDF file, using your name as the file reference. Applications close 01 April 2020
If you wish to have a confidential discussion about the role before applying, you can contact Jess McColl, Director of Communications, Campaigns and Engagement, on 0422 912 098
The Office of Adam Bandt MP recognises the value of, and strongly supports the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We aim to recruit a diverse range of people with a diverse range of talents to help us achieve our shared goals.