Coming from a single parent household where money was always tight, Tim saw the absolute importance of a strong social safety net, of good public education and of an accessible health care system that ensures help is available for anyone who needs it. It shows in his passion for solving issues of homelessness. We know he'll be a fantastic addition to the WA team.
1. What do you remember about your first election?
Perth's hot summer.
2. Endangered Australian animal who has captured your heart?
3. What’s your precious place and why?
The South-West coast line because I spent so much time when I was young exlporing and camping along the coastline around Albany.
4. Favourite Greens policy?
5. Best part of your work with the Greens?
Building a movement by getting people from all walks of life involved the politics of change.
6. What keeps you going?
The thought that on any given night literally thousands of people are needlessly sleeping on our streets.
7. Favourite political song?
Phil Ochs - "I AIN'T MARCHING ANYMORE"
8. Who inspires you? Why?
Bernie Sanders — his conviction and belief politics can be an inclusive force for positive change.
9. Comfort food?
Gluten-free caramel slice
10. What would you spend $20 billion on?
Solving Australia's homelessness crisis.
11. Secret vice?
Collecting vinyl records and signed books.
12. Best coffee/drink in town?
A flat white with an extra shot and an old fashioned. Both before 10am during campaigns.
13. Apps you can’t live without?
Facebook messenger, Facebook messenger, Facebook messenger
14. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Fireman but then I realised I wasn't the best with heights.
15. Morning run or night time swim?
16. What’s your greatest hope for the future?
17. Magic wand to solve one world problem — what would it be?
18. What advice would you give a new volunteer?
Throw yourself at everything you can because everyone brings something special to the table.
19. You can travel through time — where do you go?
1960's - March on Washington
20. If you weren’t doing this for a living, what would you be doing?
Visiting historical sites across the globe