NSW is in the midst of a climate emergency.
The Murray Darling is facing an unprecedented crisis, with devastating fish kills in Menindee and Lake Hume earlier in the year. Summer temperatures in Western Sydney consistently soar close to 50°C. Last year, the entire state of NSW was declared as being in drought. And that’s not even the half of it.
The Labor and Liberal parties are in the grip of fossil fuel companies – and they’re not only holding NSW back, they’re risking our future.
The NSW Greens will create a renewable economy that tackles climate change, creates jobs, makes bills cheaper and makes energy more reliable.
- Establish a new, publicly owned electricity company to generate, distribute and retail renewable energy for the people of NSW fairly and affordably;
- Commit $1 billion to renewable energy projects;
- Build much-needed new public network infrastructure;
- Invest in household solar and batteries;
- Invest in clean and reliable energy storage;
- Make it illegal to mine, burn or export thermal coal by 2030;
- Bring back a carbon price for industries that release greenhouse gasses, to achieve net zero emissions by 2040;
- Fund a ten-year plan to support workers and communities who currently depend on the coal industry to develop new skills and opportunities.
We can’t wait any longer to take action. Sign our petition now to help us address the climate crisis.