The public also doesn’t trust politicians to fix planning. They know about the donations, the jobs for the boys and the history of corrupt dealings.
It’s time to shine a light in the dark corners of the NSW Planning system. It’s time for a Royal Commission.
What will Royal Commission into NSW Planning investigate?
- Disasters like the Opal Tower fiasco, created by a system of private certification where the developer chooses and pays for their own regulator
- Why there is more and more development in areas without the schools, hospitals, parks and public transport people need
- How to return powers to democratically elected local councils
- How to stamp out corruption and break the connection between developers, their money, and decision makers.
- How to build green, sustainable and connected cities and towns and prepare for and mitigate the challenges of climate change.The Greens have a detailed plan [link to flagship] to fix the rotten planning system in NSW.
The Greens have a detailed plan to fix the rotten planning system in NSW.
To make serious changes to planning in NSW we need the exposure and the momentum that only a Royal Commission can bring.