ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a new position to provide broad administrative support to the key Office Bearers (volunteers) and Operations Manager (staff) of the Greens NSW, and its volunteer Committee of Management. The position works at the center of the management team within the organisation to enable its smooth functioning. The position requires a person with great communication and interpersonal skills, well-rounded administration skills, and a commitment to ensuring the work of management is supported and enabled. The position will intersect with most of the other staff within the organisation.
- Provide administrative support to the Secretary, Convenor, Membership Officer, Treasurer, and Operations Manager.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to ensure smooth functioning of Committee of Management of The Greens NSW, including preparation of agendas and taking minutes under the direction of the Secretary.
- Assist other staff with record keeping and provide ongoing assistance in implementing new procedures and administrative systems.
- Following up membership, compliance and donations queries working with the Data and Systems teams.
- Provide support for special projects, including campaign support under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Other duties as required.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Show an understanding of the functions of Committee of Management’s that operate under the Associations Incorporated Act.
- An understanding of HR policies and processes.
- Demonstrated experience implementing new processes, policies, and practices.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Greens principles and policies.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in a political, community or advocacy organisation or similar entity.
- Possess good analytical skills, judgment, and discretion.
- Show sound digital literacy, including experience working with CRMs, CMS, Office 365, EDMs and social media.
- Experience in coordinating volunteers and managing events.
- A relevant Degree, Diploma, or Certificate IV with relevant experience.
Note: Successful candidates must not be a member of another political party.
PAY AND CONDITIONS
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000 p.a. FTE, plus 10.5% superannuation.
Primary Location: The Greens NSW state office, Suite D, 263 Broadway, Glebe.
Hours: 21-28 hours, or 3-4 days per week. You will be required to work some weekends and evenings, but your work week can be structured to reflect this.
Status: Permanent part-time.
Position begins: As soon as possible.
Covered by: The Greens NSW Staff Collective Agreement.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application in a single PDF file, including a one-page covering letter addressing the Essential Requirements, a CV of no more than two pages, and at least two recent work referees. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application for Administration Assistant."
For further queries about the role please email email@example.com.
Applications close 5 PM Friday 16 April 2021.