Graphic Designer for the 2020 Local Government Campaign
$71,499.39 - $81,360.75 p.a. pro rata + super
The Greens NSW state office, Glebe
Fixed-term contract, 14 hours per week, until mid-September 2020
Commencing March 2020
Are you an experienced and innovative Graphic Designer keen to join the Greens team for the 2020 Local Government election campaign?
About the Greens NSW
The Greens Party movement is based on the four pillars of social equity and economic justice, ecological sustainability, grassroots democracy, and peace, nonviolence and disarmament. Greens parties across the world share these same principles and values.
We have 6 MPs in NSW, one Senator for NSW and 56 Local Government Councillors.
Key responsibilities of the Graphic Designer will include:
- Creating campaign template materials including Facebook banners, flyers, doorknocker leaflets, stickers and other artwork to support key campaign launches
- Designing campaign advertising artwork and materials
- Ensuring campaign design material is accessible to local campaigns by placing material on the campaign website and ensuring such material is able to be tailored to local group campaigns
- Ensuring the ‘look and feel’ of material is consistent with the style adopted by the campaign
- Ensuring all artwork is fit for print by ensuring artwork is compliant with relevant copyright and electoral laws
- Working with the Campaign to devise key campaign message artwork
- Source images from candidates, local groups and members that could be used in the campaign
- Where necessary photograph events for the purposes of producing artwork for the campaign
- Maintain candidate pages on GNSW website
- Ability to proactively create artwork, not just as instructed
- Design an HTV template and provide HTVs to local campaigns
- Co-ordinate printing of HTV and other materials
The Graphic Designer must meet the following essential requirements:
1. Demonstrated commitment to the core principles of The Greens
2. Extensive knowledge and experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other Creative Suite applications
3. Understanding of the printing process and the appropriate artwork formats for printing
4. Demonstrated ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively
5. Previous experience of political campaigns
6. Knowledge of local government issues
Campaign Coordinator: escalate issues, keep informed, advise and receive instructions
Work team: work collaboratively and inclusively by participating in meetings to share information, innovation and best practice
Internal stakeholders: work with Greens members and councillors to resolve issues and provide solutions to problems
Work Health & Safety
You must take all reasonable care for yourself and others and comply with any reasonable instructions, policies and procedures relating to work health safety and wellbeing.
Expression of Interest
Applications addressing all of the essential criteria, CV and contact details for two referees, one of whom has been a recent employer, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or queries regarding the position can also be addressed to James Ryan via email or on Mob. 0414 922 591.
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday 18 February 2020