- Are you an experienced Campaigner/Community Organiser?
- Can you multi-task across different projects?
- Do you have experience with social media and Greens NSW online tools?
About the Greens NSW
The Greens Party movement is based on the four pillars of social equity and economic justice, ecological sustainability, grassroots democracy, and peace, nonviolence and disarmament. Greens parties across the world share these same principles and values.
The Greens are comprised of 62 local groups. In NSW there are 54 Greens Councillors throughout the State. We have MPs in the NSW Upper House and Lower House. In the Federal Parliament we have a Lower House MP and a significant number of Senators.
About the role
To be successful in this role you will have skills in the following areas:
- Engaging in political discussion and persuading others to vote for your candidate.
- Campaigning using a variety of engagement strategies.
- Planning and organising events, launches, training sessions, candidate briefings and other campaign activities.
- Supporting local organisers to campaign and use systems to run voter contact and volunteer recruitment campaigns including state-wide days of action.
- Overseeing data management and facilitating the onboarding of new supporters and volunteers.
- Organising and running training sessions for campaign managers, campaigners and Greens volunteers in using our online systems (gVIRS, ROCKeT, CiviCRM).
- Using Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite to produce social media content, including Facebook squares and Insta posts.
- Monitoring soc med comments and responding where appropriate across several pages.
- Building volunteer teams in local campaigns.
The successful applicants must have the following:
- A commitment to The Greens and to advancing Greens policies and principles.
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work under election stress.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure with a busy and energetic team of paid staff and volunteers under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience developing and presenting training one2one as well as larger groups.
- A good understanding of the importance of data management in campaigning.
- Experience with contact databases.
- Excellent IT skills including email, internet, Microsoft Office, and web-based applications and an ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets.
- Understanding of NSW and Australian political issues and the political system.
- Experience working or volunteering to support an election, social justice, environment, and/ or community campaign.
Pay and conditions
Salary: $71,079.44 to $72, 929.38 FTE, plus 10.5% superannuation.
Primary Location: The Greens NSW state office, Glebe.
Hours: 28 hours or 4 days per week. You will be required to work some weekends and evenings, but your work week can be structured to reflect this.
Status: Contract from 8 March to 11 September 2021.
Position begins: As soon as possible.
Covered by: The Greens NSW Staff Collective Agreement.
How to apply
Please submit your application in a single PDF file, including a one-page covering letter addressing the Essential Requirements, a CV of no more than two pages, and at least two recent work referees. Email applications to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for "Local Campaign Organiser".
For further queries about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5 PM Sunday 28 February 2021.