The NT Party Development Manager will be responsible for developing the capacity of the NT Greens to campaign and operate more effectively over the coming six-month period.
To be successful in this role you will be someone who has a deeply held commitment to environmental and social justice, and who is passionate about building a better future for all of us.
The focus of the role will be to develop the capacity of the NT Greens to campaign and operate more effectively. This will include:
- Managing the campaigns for the August 2021 local government elections.
- Using the campaigns to develop local organising structures in key Territory communities, based on resourcing local Council campaign teams.
- Managing the NT campaign for the federal election if it takes place this year, or preparing the groundwork for it in advance of a possible 2022 election date.
- Working with Australian Greens staff to create an ongoing financial base for the NT Greens, with one off and regular donations, major donations, and bequest fundraising.
- Working with the NT Management Committee to establish clear targets and to roll out systems to support membership and volunteering growth through this year's campaigns.
- Support the NT Management Committee in the development and implementation of administration and management processes to serve the longer-term operation of the NT Greens.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Greens principles.
- Professional experience in election campaigns for an NGO or political party.
- Experience in organising and managing large and complex projects.
- Experience in managing and supervising volunteers, with a focus on building strong team culture with a focus on welfare.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong relationships and buy-in for a shared strategy with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of communications strategy for online and field organising communications.
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience.
- An appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa (if applicable).
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in working with and presenting to volunteer boards.
- Strong understanding of or direct experience in managing media and media strategy.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Directly supervised by the Northern Territory Greens Management Committee.
- Works closely with the Australian Greens National Office.
- Direct supervision of volunteers.
The role is based in Darwin or Alice Springs. We are open to flexible arrangements and remote working within the Northern Territory for the right candidate. The role will include travel within the Northern Territory, for which a budget is provided.
This is a part time position (4 days per week) for a fixed six-month period, with a review after four months that will consider the potential for extending the role.
The position requires working with volunteer governance bodies within the NT Greens, as well as with staff employed by the Australian Greens around the country, and as such some irregular hours and weekend work will be required.
The position will include travel within the Northern Territory.
The position is to be an employee of the Australian Greens and such is subject to the conditions of the “The Australian Greens Staff Collective Agreement”.
The classification for this position is Support 2 with the salary commencing at Level 5 with a rate of $82,483, pro-rata, plus 9.5% superannuation.
The Australian Greens aims to instil the following values as a reference for staff and volunteers as to what is important and beneficial to the activities of the organisation towards building and maintaining a positive culture, high-performance and strong leadership:
- Skilled – accomplishing amazing amounts of work, demonstrating consistently strong performance others can rely on, and making wise decisions.
- Resilient – maintaining calm in stressful situations, making tough decisions without excessive agonising, discovering practical solutions to hard problems, taking smart risks and being tenacious.
- Dynamic – seeking and creating new ideas that prove useful, learning rapidly and eagerly, keeping the organisation nimble by minimising complexity and finding time to simplify, focusing on great results rather than on process, exhibiting bias towards action and displaying a true “can do” attitude.
- Respectful – upholding the importance of what it means to be a member, treating all people with respect independent of their status, saying only things about fellow members that would be said to their face, working with others in the best interests of the organisation, listening well to better understand, making time to help other members and sharing information and advice openly and proactively.
- Courageous – questioning actions inconsistent with our values, inspiring others with a thirst for excellence, caring intensely about the organisation’s success, admitting mistakes and being ego-less when searching for the best ideas.
The Australian Greens is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and culture.
If you meet the requirements of this position description, we encourage you to apply - in particular if you are a First Nations person.
Applications must include a CV and separate statement, no more than three pages, addressing all the selection criteria included in this position description.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: [your name] – NT Party Development Manager application.
Enquiries to the National Manager, Brett Constable by phone 0408 593 669 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12 May 2021.