Note: This position was previously advertised. Changes have been highlighted by using italics.
The Greens SA are seeking an energetic and motivational person to help build our volunteer base and engage members and supporters in community outreach and campaigning.
- Work collaboratively with the Party Director, Coordinating Group and branches to recruit and consolidate volunteers and members.
- Link with and promote Green members and supporters engagement in key community events and priority campaigns as determined by the Policy and Campaign Council.
- Assist in establishing the Spence Electoral Branch
- Assist in reforming and activating a Young Greens Group.
- Assist in establishing and strengthening Members Action Groups
- Liaise with elected members' offices on campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in successfully engaging volunteers in an NGO context
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with community organising principles and practice
- Familiarity with relevant SA community and political organisations related to campaigning and advocacy
- Well organised, including good time management skills
- Familiarity with the Greens SA structure and culture
- Commitment to Greens key values
Terms and Conditions
Employment will be at Level 5 step 1 under the relevant SACS Award (currently $37.57 per hour) for 22.5 hours a week.
The position will be for an initial 6 month contract. There is a probation period of 4 weeks.
The starting date is negotiable.
How to apply for this job
Applications should include a personal resume and covering letter that responds to the Selection Criteria and be submitted to the State Co-Convenor, John Wishart (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), using the subject line: "Community Engagement Coordinator Application") by close of business on 28 June 2019. Short listed applicants will be invited to interview. If you require further information please phone John Wishart on 0411733244.