The Greens SA are seeking an energetic and motivated communication and media officer for the 2019 Federal Election to maximise our electoral support.
- Primary location: Office of Senator Hanson-Young, 147 Pirie Street, Adelaide
- Job status: This is a limited term contract position. It’s a full-time position job (38 hours per week).
- TOIL will be offered in accordance to the award.
- Position Begins late February 2019
- A one-month probationary period applies.
- Write campaign emails: fundraising, invitation to campaign activities
- Provide communications and media support for candidates as needed
- Write and send media releases, pitch stories to journalists/reporters, maintain an up-to-date media contacts list.
- Work collaboratively with other key stakeholders including Greens SA staff, election candidates (especially lower-house candidates), the Election Campaign Committee, and staff in elected members’ offices
- Other duties as directed
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in media liaison, with ability to write compelling media releases.
- Demonstrated skills coordinating large-scale projects including working with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to write great communications content.
- High level organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines under high pressure.
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies
This contract position will commence in February and conclude after the Federal Election and is a full-time position.
It is paid at Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Level 5, or $74,243 per annum.
How to apply for this job
Applications should include a personal resume and covering letter that responds to the Selection Criteria and be submitted to the Party Director, Dominic Mugavin (email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Communications and Media Officer application) by close of business on 21 February 2019. Short listed applicants will be invited to interview.