The Greens SA are seeking a motivated and organised person to ensure a strong Green presence on polling booths and at pre-poll venues at the next federal election, and at the next state election.
|Position title||Polling Booth Manager|
Social and community services employee level 4, pay point 1, $36.62 per hour
|Primary location||Greens SA Office, 7/291 Angas St, Adelaide|
|Job status||Part-time contract, starting at 3 days a week and moving to full time closer to the elections.|
|Hours||To be negotiated. The position will involve some out of hours work and work on weekends. TOIL will be offered in accordance with the award.|
|Reports to||Elections Campaign Director|
|Position Begins||1 March 2021 and ends 2 weeks after the federal or state election, whichever is later.|
|Probation||A two-month probationary period applies|
- Design and implement volunteer recruitment plans
- Manage the party-wide process of filling polling booths, including pre-poll venues
- Build capacity of party members and supporters during the campaign periods and in the lead up to Election Days
- Coordinate polling booth materials, including how-to-vote cards
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Greens SA staff, election candidates, members, volunteers and the Election Campaign Committee
- Other duties as directed
- High level organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines and with a diverse range of people..
- Strong rapport-building, collaborative teamwork and relationship skills and capacity to work with a diverse range of people
- Experience in motivating volunteers
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies
Applications should include a personal resume (2 pages maximum), covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria (2 pages maximum) and be submitted to the Party Director, Dominic Mugavin (email: email@example.com) by 10am on 25 February 2021. Short listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Please contact Dominic on 08 8212 4888 with any questions about the application process.