Applications are now being called for the position of Party Director, Greens SA.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity. The Party Director plays a key role in the party, overseeing our day-to-day operations and working closely with office-bearers, MPs, the national Greens and external partners to implement strategies to build the Party and advance our electoral success.
Classification: Level 6, Step 1 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (currently $92,703.52 per annum)
Status: Full-time fixed term 2 year contract, extendible subject to satisfactory performance
Dates: starting ASAP (to be negotiated)
Location: Greens SA, 7/291 Angas Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Reporting to: The Greens SA Coordinating Group
- In consultation with the state office bearers, implement the strategic and operational plans of the Party
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the SA Greens, including the appointment and management of office staff and volunteers, & ensuring a safe workplace.
- Implement strategies for recruiting and retaining party members, supporters and volunteers, and building community engagement
- Provide professional advice and executive support to the party's decision-making bodies, including Coordinating Group, State Council and the Policy and Campaigning Council
- Ensure the party complies with all relevant legislative and regulatory obligations
- Liaise with the offices of the SA Greens' elected members and state and national Green parties
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated commitment to the policies, values and political objectives of the Australian Greens
- Demonstrated ability to work with strategic and operational plans, and a capacity to prioritise competing demands
- A proven capacity to develop, understand and work within budgets
- Good knowledge of party processes and procedures
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to deal professionally with party officials, representatives and staff at local, state and national levels
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to represent the party publicly as required
- Experience managing field campaigns is desirable
To apply, please email the Greens SA State Secretary at email@example.com with the subject line Party Director Application, and attaching your resume, and a document addressing the selection criteria.
Applications must be received by 5pm June 8th 2022.
The Greens SA strongly encourage any interested and qualified parties to apply – we don’t discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for all our roles.