Full Time Fixed Term - Parental Leave Cover
Professional Staff Level 3 ($71,665) plus 11% superannuation
Australian Greens State Office, Melbourne CBD (some work from home available)
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 18th June
About this role
Do you love working with numbers? Reconciling activities and transactions? Being part of a dynamic team in an ever-changing political landscape? Then this role is for you.
The Victorian Greens office is a vibrant, fast paced environment where we support teams all over Victoria to campaign effectively. To do this, our Finance Administrator plays a vital role in maintaining and reconciling our financial systems to ensure our local teams are readily informed of all their movements, in addition to ensuring central financial progress is kept up to date.
You will work closely on the day-to-day transactions of the Victorian Greens, including allocating transactions, frequent income reconciliations, processing accounts payable and receivable, preparing monthly bank and ledger reconciliations, and drafting Activity Statements. Additionally, you will use your project management and training skills to work with our local Greens teams around Victoria to assist them with all their financial queries and to build their financial capacity. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will work collaboratively to ensure the efficient financial management of the Victorian Greens.
The Victorian Greens strongly encourage people with diverse lived experience to apply, such as First Nations People, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ folks, disabled people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, even if you feel your professional experience doesn’t match all of the selection criteria. The Greens recognise that structural barriers make it difficult for some people to obtain roles in the progressive movement. When assessing candidates we look at more than just the jobs you’ve been paid to do but the range of ways you’ve picked up skills and knowledge throughout your life.
In this role you will:
- Manage the financial transactions of the Victorian Greens, including
- Allocating and reconciling all income and expenditure against bank statements,
- Processing accounts payable, receivable and maintaining financial records,
- Conducting regular income reconciliations
- Conducting end of month reconciliations,
- Managing our monthly superannuation reconciliation and lodgement process,
- supporting the management of regular contributions of donations and membership fees.
- Be the point of contact for all finance related queries for our local teams, by
- Managing the finance inbox, and finance related calls
- Inducting newly appointed treasurers in their roles
- Being across the the parties financial streams and allocating them appropriately across all party bodies
- Assisting local teams with processing transactions, including ways to collect funds and managing the Tyro device booking process
- Updating resources and coordinating training when required
- Drafting regular finance related communications to our local teams
- Support the Head of Operations with all internal and external reporting obligations, including but not limited to
- Monthly management reporting
- Ongoing campaign activity reporting
- Quarterly BAS and monthly IAS
- End of Financial Year audit and reporting process
- Electoral Commission admin and electoral funding submissions
- Donation disclosure tracking and reporting
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to our financial procedures
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the selection criteria. We believe there is strength in diversity and are committed to supporting the right person to grow into this role and thrive. For a confidential conversation about this role or the recruitment process, please contact Lucy Rucinska-Stanek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key selection criteria
- Values alignment: Commitment to the Greens policies, charter and core values: ecological sustainability, grassroots participatory democracy, social justice and peace and non-violence - and a passion for our movement.
- Relevant experience and qualifications: In finance administration, accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Process Improvement mindset: Ability to identify and initiate process and procedural improvements
- Comfortable with information and communication technologies: Specifically databases, excel and financial software
- Attention to detail: Have a keen eye for detail, identifying errors and anomalies quickly
- Relationship management skills: Experience in working in various teams, including working well with others, having a friendly attitude in difficult conversations and an openness to build the capacity of others.
Bonus points for
- Lived experience or connections to First Nations justice, racial justice, LGBTQIA+ justice, disability justice or gendered justice movements.
- Systems experience: Experience using Xero, Drupal, CiviCRM, eWay
- Regulatory knowledge: Demonstrated experience in compliance around tax legislation, accounting standards, electoral legislation and external regulators
Why work for the Victorian Greens?
We offer a friendly, flexible and supportive workplace. Some great reasons to join the Victorian Greens team include:
- Making a meaningful contribution to the political movement for people and the planet
- A commitment to creating an accessible workplace that fits your needs as a team member
- Flexibility to negotiate working hours and some work from home
- Four weeks of annual leave a year, with bonus leave between Christmas and New Years Day, and flexible leave for cultural holidays
- Above-average personal leave, including additional paid provisions for mental health and domestic and family violence leave
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing support
Apply for this role
Applications for this role close at 11:59pm on Sunday 18th June.
To apply for this role, we ask for your resume and for you to answer a few questions about your past experience. There is no need to prepare a cover letter or selection criteria response. Applications are accepted through this form here.
After applications close, we will shortlist candidates for interviews which can be held over a video call or in person at our Melbourne office. If there is a large volume of applicants, we may organise an initial phone interview to find out more about your experience or ask you to prepare a brief task to help us better understand your experience. If you are not shortlisted for this role, we will contact you via email to let you know.
If you have questions about this role, the recruitment process, or if you have any accessibility needs for your application, please contact Lucy Rucinska-Stanek at email@example.com