|Job status:||Full time, fixed term contract (part time negotiable)|
|Salary range:||Assistant Staff Level 1 - Professional Staff Level 2 ($58,700 - $71,000) plus 10% super, depending on experience and qualifications.|
|Location:||Australian Greens State Office, Melbourne CBD [you’ll be supported to join our remote working team throughout COVID-19 impacts]|
|Hours:||Full time with some evening and weekend work as required|
|Position begins:||April 2020|
|Position ends:||November 2020, with the potential to extend|
The Victorian Greens are looking for an Information and Technology Support Officer to join our team for the upcoming 2020 Local Government Election Campaign as we work with members and volunteers all across Victoria to help get more Greens elected at a local level.
About the role
The Information and Technology Support Officer acts as the interface between Victorian Greens IT systems and users. As well as having a good mind for systems, processes and all things digital, you will need strong people and communication skills as you help users gain appropriate access and make effective use of the critical online infrastructure that underpins their work.
About the Victorian Greens
Over the course of the last four decades the Greens have become the third force in Australian politics, with members elected to represent their communities at every level of government. We are a grassroots party that relies on the support of thousands of members and volunteers from across the state.
The Victorian Greens State Office supports party operations and the federal, state and local election campaigns in the state of Victoria. We’re currently preparing for the Victorian Local Government Elections to be held in October this year. The Greens have 24 Councillors across Victoria and Greens have led the way on issues such as sustainable transport, revolutionising waste management and developing local climate emergency plans. This election is a great opportunity to get more Greens elected to create change in our local communities.
Core responsibilities include:
- Administer user access: Ensure that the right people have the right access to all Victorian Greens systems including Nationbuilder, gVIRS, Rocket, CiviCRM, G-suite, Ryver, and supporting systems
- Support users: Attend to help-desk requests for key stakeholder groups (Greens staff, MPs and relevant staff, party members, office bearers, and volunteers) including desktop, infrastructure and application support
- Support data volunteers: Recruit, train, build relationships and support local volunteer data coordinators; build and manage a team of state office based data support volunteers (including running ‘data parties’)
- Train users and develop resources: Write and maintain user support guides. Develop and deliver training for key systems
- Manage data quality: Implement data quality control measures, attentively monitor systems and review and correct incoming data to ensure integrity
- Work as part of our collaborative state office team and complete other duties as directed
- Committed to the values of the Australian Greens
- Confident with technology, quickly develop mastery with new systems, and are curious to learn new things. Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) databases including Nationbuilder would be ideal.
- Enjoy working with people, helping to solve their problems and develop their skills.
- Patient and a great communicator.
- Outstanding at organisation, prioritising competing tasks under pressure, and thrive in a fast paced environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience working or volunteering in an election campaign environment
- Experience with group facilitation and training
Expressions of interest will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.