ABOUT THE ROLE
Senator Janet Rice is seeking a Social Media and Content Producer to join her small, highly collaborative team.
The producer’s core responsibilities will be creating content and managing social media to effectively communicate Senator Rice’s work in her Australian Greens portfolios (LGBTIQA+, Foreign Affairs, Forests, Transport, Multiculturalism, and Science and Innovation) and in the community.
This is a junior role and the successful applicant will be supported to develop their digital content creation, audience targeting and campaigning skills. If you feel you meet most, but not all of the selection criteria, please don’t be put off applying.
People of culturally diverse backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply.
Please note, you will be expected to sign a confidentiality agreement and code of conduct prior to commencing work.
KEY WORK AREAS
- Digital content creation: You’ll create timely and engaging content to communicate Senator Rice’s parliamentary and campaign work. Responsibilities will include: copywriting for emails and digital ads, graphic design, filming and editing video content. You’ll be welcomed and encouraged to pitch ideas and flex your creative muscle.
- Social media management: With the Senior Communications and Campaigns Adviser, you’ll work to manage Senator Rice’s social media channels with the goals of building engagement and her online profile. Work will include: scheduling and posting content, moderating comments, engaging with online community groups and individuals on behalf of the Senator, and ensuring the accessibility of all posts.
- Web content management: You’ll update and post content to Senator Rice’s website to ensure her work is communicated effectively and is accessible to the public.
- Demonstrated online communications and campaigning skills including content creation and social media administration
- Ability to work collaboratively in producing content, including giving and receiving feedback in a creative context
- Capacity to comprehend and clearly communicate complex issues to broad audiences
- Ability to work as part of a close team under time constraints, competing priorities and other pressures
- Understanding of and commitment to the Australian Greens’ values, principles and policies
- Graphic design skills (skills in the Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent software will be highly regarded)
- Video production and/or photography skills
- Experience in activism or community organisations related to Senator Rice’s work.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
We are now accepting expressions of interest for this position. Please provide:
- Short responses to the selection criteria (dot points are fine)
- 2-3 paragraphs noting your motivation to apply and why you’d be a good fit for the role
- Your CV (maximum 3 pages)
Expressions of Interest should be forwarded via email using the subject line: EOI – Social Media and Content Producer to email@example.com.
Expressions of interest close 11pm 8 August.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel, Senator Rice’s Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.