Dorinda is a Yamatji Noongar woman, a mum to two daughters, an anti-domestic violence campaigner and former police officer.
Additionally, Dorinda has over 20 years’ experience working in government and non-government sectors at the local, state and national levels.
Dorinda started her own business, Inspire Change Consulting Group in 2013 to advise government bodies and departments on social issues, policy and advocacy work.
Alongside being the Board Director of Our Watch - National Primary Prevention for Violence against Women Foundation, Dorinda has been a member of:
- Expert Indigenous Women’s Working Group on the Global Treaty on Preventing Violence Against Women in the Everywoman, Everywhere Campaign;
- Victims of Crime Advisory Group to the Attorney General WA;
- Advisory Committee on Child Death Reviews and Family Violence Homicides for the WA Ombudsman;
- Aboriginal and Community Justice Centre Advisory Group at the University of Western Australia; and
- Practitioner Engagement Group member for the Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety.
Dorinda has been preselected as the lead Senate candidate for the Greens (WA) for the next Federal election.