Minister for Veterans and Seniors, Emma Davidson MLA today announced the recipients of the 2022-23 Veterans’ Grants. A total of $43,250 will be distributed across six programs in the ACT, all with the aim of promoting the inclusion of veterans and their families in our community.
“Fostering the connection and social inclusion of our veterans and their families is so important for their wellbeing,” said Minister Davidson.
“These grants are funding a great mix of initiatives, which are encouraging active participation in sports and recreation, positive mental health and wellbeing, and creativity for veterans and their families. I am excited to see these activities in action.”
Programs funded by the 2022-23 Veterans’ Grants include:
· mental health and PTSD awareness program
· a blacksmithing program for veterans and their families
· social connection activities for veterans
· a two-day mountain bike skills program
· a wellbeing program for female veterans
· an indoor rowing program.
More information on Veterans Grant Program recipients can be found at https://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/veterans/grants