The Greens are the only party that is proudly powered by people, not large corporations.
Thanks to our network of thousands of volunteers, we’ve been able to secure historic changes in the ACT, including:
- powering this beautiful city with 100% renewable electricity
- establishing an anti-corruption commission and banning developer donations
- world-leading justice reinvestment and mental health strategies
- planting 25,000 trees by 2023 and 400,000 by 2045 to reach 30% canopy coverage across the ACT
- a commitment to end homelessness by building new social and affordable houses.
The 2020 ACT election transformed Canberra into a three-party democracy, and confirmed this beautiful city as the Greenest jurisdiction in Australia.
We’re currently experiencing a surge in new members and volunteers, who like us know that the (Liberal-held) Senate seat and the seat of Canberra are within our reach.
Whilst we don’t know exactly when the election will be, we expect to go to the polls before the end of the year — meaning our work starts now.
Why volunteer with us?
- Be involved in all of our great work. Every day, we are powered by passionated, energetic and skilled volunteers who are involved in everything from policy development and election strategy to events and fundraising.
- Meet like-mined people in your community who are ready to roll up their sleeves to create a greener and fairer world.
- Be part of our historic federal election campaign, where we’re aiming to secure the seat of Canberra and the Liberal Senate seat.
Thank you for getting involved in our movement – and welcome to the team!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our office.