The Greens are the only party that recognises an obligation to future generations.
That’s because we’re proudly powered by and focused on people, not short-term corporate profit.
Thanks to our network of volunteers and activists, we’ve been able to secure historic changes in the ACT, including:
- Powering this beautiful city with 100% renewable electricity
- Establishing an anti-corruption commission and banning developer donations
- World-leading justice reinvestment and mental health strategies
- Planting 25,000 trees by 2023 and 400,000 by 2045 to reach 30% canopy coverage across the ACT
- A commitment to ending homelessness by building new social and affordable houses.
We're committed to bringing your voice into our movement, to ensure that issues that affect young people are at the forefront of what we do.
So far, people have highlighted the importance of:
- Real climate action
- Renters rights and housing affordability
- Recognising the complex, interconnected and structural causes of poor mental health
- Insecure work and its relationship to wage theft and other workers rights violations
- Preventing the extinction crisis by protecting ecosystems as risk of collapse.
Want to get involved? Sign up now to have your say and be a part of the ACT Young Greens!