Contacting the politician who has responsibility for the portfolio your campaign falls within is an effective way to have your issue heard.
It is also important to understand if the issue is a State or Federal one and approach the relevant politician.
Greens MEMBERS OF THE SENATE (Federal Upper House)
National portfolio responsibilities are split between our sitting Greens Federal MPs.
You can search here for portfolio responsibilities by MP or by Portfolio.
Our Senator for South Australia is Senator Sarah Hanson-Young, her portfolios are:
- Arts, Media, and Communications
- Environment and Water
- Dental Health
Greens Members of the Legislative Council (State Upper House)
Our two South Australian State Greens MPs (Tammy Franks and Robert Simms) split the state portfolio responsibilities between them.
The following portfolios are shared between Tammy and Rob:
- Environment & Climate Change;
- Treasury & Finance
- Premier & Cabinet & Public Sector
- Aboriginal Affairs & Reconciliation
- Health & Wellbeing
- Human Services
- Child Protection
- Police & Corrections
- Education, Training & Skills
- Women, Gender & Sexuality
- Emergency Services
- Industrial Relations
- Multicultural Affairs
- Consumer Affairs
- Animal Welfare
- Arts, Sport & Recreation
- Environment & Climate Change
- Housing & Homelessness
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Small Business
- Democracy & Accountability
- Manufacturing & Innovation
- Gambling Reform
- Planning & Heritage
- Local Government (including City of Adelaide)
- Regional Communities
- Primary Industries & Regional Development
- Marine & Coastal Environment
- Energy & Mining