Thank-you for your support
Please note the following information about contributions to the Australian Greens Victoria:
- Up to $1,500 of membership fees and donations from an individual in a financial year are tax deductible.
- Donations from an individual that total $1,000 or more in a financial year will be publicly disclosed (you can find our list of donors for past financial years here).
- Donations for Commonwealth electoral purposes are not capped, however total donations for all other purposes over the four year period between Victorian State elections are subject to a cap of $4,080.
- Donors must provide a return to the Australian Electoral Commission within 20 weeks of the end of a financial year if their total donations in that financial year for any purpose exceed $14,000.
- Donors must provide a return to the Victorian Electoral Commission within 21 days of making the donation if their total donations in the relevant financial year that are not for a Commonwealth electoral purpose exceed $1,020.
The information provided above is general in nature and does not constitute legal or financial advice. We believe that it was accurate at 1 July 2019. If you are unsure about your personal tax or donation disclosure obligations please seek advice from a suitably qualified professional.