2020 knocked us sideways, with climate-fuelled bushfires, a global pandemic and the subsequent economic crisis. But we’ve also come together as a community to support each other.
Now, as our government looks to rebuild Victoria’s economy, we have a rare opportunity to create jobs by investing in industries that also help create a cleaner, fairer future.
Let’s get Victoria out of recession with a renewables-led recovery, which includes:
- Building large-scale wind, solar and energy storage projects, like Australia’s first offshore wind farm in Gippsland.
- Reviving our manufacturing industries, but with renewable energy, such as upgrading Portland’s aluminium smelter and running it with clean energy.
- Weather-proofing every Victorian home, to create jobs and reduce energy bills.
- Putting solar and batteries on every public housing home, just like we’ve put solar on schools.
- Upgrading our energy grid so it’s actually fit for the 21st century, and bringing our energy system back into public hands so that Victorians profit from these industries.