This October, vote for a Greens Councillor who will work for our local community, put people ahead of profits, and take real action to tackle climate change.
In the last four years, our four Greens Councillors in Moreland have achieved some incredible things. Here’s just some of the positive changes they led the way on achieving:
- Declared a climate emergency and launched a zero community emissions target by 2040
- Delivered new parks and open spaces
- Begun a waste and recycling revolution
- Doubled the spend on bike infrastructure!
Your vote can help make sure Greens can continue to deliver the change you want to see in your community.
Our vision for Moreland is one of thriving, healthy, sustainable and jobs-rich local neighbourhoods, where everyone is just a short distance from beautiful parks and open spaces, and it is easy to get around walking, cycling and on public transport.
We believe everyone should feel welcome here, that our diversity is celebrated and that people can have their say in what their streets and local neighbourhoods look like.
Right now our community is under increasing pressure from the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting recession, the accelerating climate crisis, and our growing population.
We're asking for your support this October so we can represent our community on Council. If elected, we will work hard to build on the Moreland Greens' track record on Council and:
- secure more public and active transport;
- deliver more parks and open spaces;
- improve our community services;
- act on climate and protect the local environment;
- champion our diversity; and
- protect what we love about Moreland.