Hello, I’m James Williams and I am the Greens-Endorsed candidate and Moonee Valley local standing for Council in Myrnong Ward to improve the inclusiveness and sustainability of our neighbourhoods.
I'm a proud Wakka Wakka man, Moonee Valley resident for 14 years, a father of three who values our diverse community, clubs and schools and precious parks and reserves.
I work in Travancore for a Not for Profit organisation, and as an Engineer I am committed to transitioning us to renewable energy to secure a healthy and safe future for our children. We are in a Climate emergency, I will work to powering Moonee Valley with renewable energy, and support our Green New Deal at the local level.
As a humanitarian, I am passionate about improving education, health and employment opportunities for disadvantaged groups, particularly the lives of my First Nations mob.
I will work hard to:
- Provide environmentally-sensitive development and open spaces in consultation with the community
- Work towards limiting inappropriate overdevelopment in our area to protect our natural as well as our built heritage.
- Enable public reporting on Councillor attendance and conflicts of interest
- Revitalise local waterways
- Invest in local arts, tourism and economic development
- Improve local health services
- Work and lobby to provide much more needed support for Housing and homelessness.
I’m standing with the Greens for Council to build a safe, clean and fair community through open and accountable governance. I will ensure Councils investment in long-term infrastructure, renewable energy, community services and public spaces.
For more information, visit my social media pages.
Vote  James Williams to be a powerful voice for integrity, sustainability and social justice.