”I‘m passionate about improving community development initiatives, increasing civic participation, retaining our regions unique liveability by increasing open spaces, and preserving local history.”
First elected in 2012, Matthew is an IT Project Manager. During his time on council, he has:
- Enhanced consultation with residents
- Fought for sustainability initiatives, including the first ever Greater Dandenong Family Sustainability Festival and Sustainability Awards
- Protected open space by helping to prevent the sale of public land in Springvale
- Lobbied for a new school in Keysborough
- Advocated for a Keysborough Community Hub
- Secured funding for improvements to Dandenong's parks
- Inititated the Greater Dandenong Volunteer Service
- Initiated the Greater Dandenong Heritage Archive
and much more.
Matthew cares about providing transparent and accountable governance, and will continue working with the community to provide a voice for people over the vested interests of developers.