I and my family have lived in Boroondara now for 18 years, most of this time in Glenferrie Ward.
I am passionate about my suburb, it’s eclectic nature and vibrant mix of residents from international students to proud heritage home owners. I am also passionate about doing something meaningful about the two major issues that currently challenge us, COVID-19 and climate change.
I believe that much can be achieved at local government level on both issues.
After over 40 years working with all levels of government, directing the development of major public hospital and laboratory facilities and managing an international consultancy, I believe that I have the skills and experience to deliver better outcomes for the Boroondara community including :
- Refocusing Council’s spending on more pressing community needs
- Protecting and building on Boroondara’s rich heritage
- The development of much better quality and diverse range of new dwellings, near transport, shops and open space, sited and detailed to be in harmony with the established character of our neighbourhoods
- Strengthen heritage overlays
- Revitalise our strip shopping precincts
- Ensuring Boroondara leads local action on climate change
- Declare a Climate Emergency immediately.
- Carbon neutral Council operations before 2025
- Assist with installation by property owners of solar panels and storage batteries
- Solar panels and charging stations in public car parks
- Establish safer cycle routes and shared trails
As your Councillor I will work with you to address our very real challenges.