Our branches are part of the Greens grassroots approach to democracy
Joining the Greens Party means having access to a local Greens branch. Based on local government areas, these hubs are vital avenues for our members to talk about politics and policy, join local campaigning, keep up to date with local issues and have direct access to Greens representatives.
Most of all, local Greens branches are a way for our members to join like-minded people, fellow Victorians who are also passionate about progressive Australian politics. Greens members are extraordinary people, and by providing them with the space to foster proactive political and social change, the Greens aim to instil a long legacy of making a difference in the community.
All Victorian Greens members are automatically members of the Australian Greens. Being a part of our growing party means together, through the principles and aims of the Greens, we can stand up for what matters.
About Boroondara branch
Greens in Boroondara are having an impact. There are no safe seats – some are just harder to win. Come and help us win in Boroondara – and across Australia.
Greens in Boroondara have:
- Achieved 44.3% of the two party preferred vote in the last federal election.
- Demonstrated that the electorate supports the need for climate action – there was a 7.6% swing against the sitting member, Treasurer, Josh Frydenberg.
- Changed Kooyong from a safe Liberal seat to one that is within reach for a Greens victory in 2022.
- Helped re-elect Janet Rice as our Senator in Federal Parliament.
- Won 18.26% of the primary vote in Hawthorn in the last State election
Our aim is to:
- Win votes for the Greens in Boroondara.
- Promote Greens policies.
- Hold current political representatives to account, particularly Kooyong's local member Josh Frydenberg, who is the Federal Treasurer.
We work to support Greens policies on Federal issues including energy and environment policies, State issues such as public transport and affordable housing, and local community environmental and transport issues.
We are busiest at election time when we work to get more Greens representatives elected to all levels of government. In between elections we fundraise and promote Greens' policies with events like Politics in the Pub and trivia and film nights. It's fun, it's friendly and it's important. Come and help!
Join the Boroondara Greens and come to our monthly meetings
When: Second Tuesday of every month 7.30pm
Where: Hawthorn Library, 584 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn 3122 Map