Our branches are part of the Greens grassroots approach to democracy
Joining the Greens Party means having access to a local Greens branch. Based on local government areas, these hubs are vital avenues for our members to talk about politics and policy, join local campaigning, keep up to date with local issues and have direct access to Greens representatives.
Most of all, local Greens branches are a way for our members to join like-minded people, fellow Victorians who are also passionate about progressive Australian politics. Greens members are extraordinary people, and by providing them with the space to foster proactive political and social change, the Greens aim to instil a long legacy of making a difference in the community.
All Victorian Greens members are automatically members of the Australian Greens. Being a part of our growing party means together, through the principles and aims of the Greens, we can stand up for what matters.
About Boroondara branch
Greens in Boroondara are having an impact. There are no safe seats – some are just harder to win. Come and help us win in Boroondara – and across Australia.
Greens in Boroondara have:
- won 19% of the vote in Kooyong in the last Federal election
- won 21% of the vote in Hawthorn in the last State election
- helped elect Sue Pennicuik as our upper house representative in the State Parliament
- helped elect Richard Di Natale and Janet Rice as our Senators in Federal Parliament.
We aim to:
- Win votes for the Greens in Boroondara.
- Promote Greens policies.
- Hold current political representatives to account, particularly Kooyong's local member Josh Frydenberg, who is the Federal Minister for the Environment and Energy.
We work to support Greens policies on Federal issues including energy and environment policies, State issues such as public transport and affordable housing, and local community environmental and transport issues.
We are busiest at election time when we work to get more Greens representatives elected to all levels of government. In between elections we fundraise and promote Greens' policies with events like Politics in the Pub and trivia and film nights. It's fun, it's friendly and it's important. Come and help!
Join the Boroondara Greens and come to our monthly meetings
When: Second Tuesday of every month 7.30pm
Where: Hawthorn Library, 584 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn 3122 Map