Disabled people should be valued as equal members of our communities and provided the supports and services we need to live a good life.
The NDIS was created to provide these supports and services, and to give us choice and control over them.
But, successive Liberal governments have failed to adequately fund or staff the scheme and they’ve ignored disabled voices when we tell them what is wrong.
Just seven years after coming into existence, for many disabled people the NDIS has become a source of fear, anxiety and hopelessness.
It doesn't have to be this way; we should not have to fight the system that was created to support us.
Our NDIS needs to be fixed and disabled people must be at the centre of the conversation because we know what the solutions are.
Together, we created the NDIS. Together, we can fix it.
Our plan to fix the NDIS:
- A fully funded National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Lift the staffing cap from 3,300 to at least 10,000
- Improve training processes for all staff, particularly disability awareness training
- An ICT system that is fit for purpose, and accessible for participants and staff
- Better support so that those who need to, can access funding for assistance animals
- Scrap Compulsory Independent Assessments ✔️
- Together we did this! And together, we can #FixOurNDIS for all of us. Watch this space & your email inbox for our next set of actions.