Action to end coal and transition to renewable energy has been held back by a decade of Liberal and Labor governments beholden to the donations and lobbying of big mining and resource corporations, and the climate change-denying politicians in their own ranks.
Unlike the major parties, the Greens understand renewable energy is the cheapest form of energy, and we are committed to using it to transform our economy. While they still don’t know how to deal with the imminent threat of climate change, we have a comprehensive plan to transition our energy system from one of the oldest and dirtiest in the world to one of the cleanest, reducing pollution and creating thousands of jobs in the process.
- Lead the world on climate action by phasing out coal stations, exports and legislating against new coal mines.
- Achieve 100% renewable energy by funding a massive investment in infrastructure that will transform our energy system.
- 180,000 jobs established by creating new industries, jobs and supply chains right across the economy.
- Reduce bills by $200 a year by creating a publicly owned energy provider and subsidising investment in solar power and batteries.
- Build a multi-billion dollar clean energy export industry to replace coal exports.
- Create a $1 billion fund to retain, upskill and invest in workers and local communities so no one is left behind.