Make a submission to the inquiry by sharing your own story of Australian citizenship
The Senate is currently holding an inquiry into the Turnbull Government’s proposed changes to citizenship, which was called for by Greens Senator Nick McKim.
If you would like to share your story or concerns regarding these changes, you can do so here.
You can read more about the proposed changes via the APH website.
Advice for your submission:
- clearly address some or all of the terms of reference—you do not need to address each one
- are relevant and highlight your own perspective
- are concise, generally no longer than four to five pages
- begin with a short introduction about yourself or the organisation you represent
- emphasise the key points so that they are clear
- outline not only what the issues are but how problems can be addressed, as the committee looks to submissions for ideas to make recommendations
- only include documents that directly relate to your key points
- only include information you would be happy to see published on the internet.
Submissions that include complex argument, personal details or criticise someone may take the committee longer to process and consider.